Monday 26 November 2012

Project 100 Pan Update 3

I've finished another three lip products! I'm on a roll. I usually don't finish one lipstick per year so I'm extremely pleased with myself finishing four lipsticks in the last few months. It's motivated me to keep on finishing lipsticks, so I've decided that I'll use the same few lipsticks until they are gone and thus slowly reduce the size of my lip product stash.
I've been thinking about what I'll do once P100P is over. My collection is totally out of control and I don't like it, so I'm considering doing Project Pan Them All or maybe even going on a no buy until I've finished everything. I'd like to get my make-up collection down to one make-up case (it's currently 3 cases and a bathroom cupboard full) and my skin care collection down to just what I use with maybe one back up of each product. I'll keep on thinking about how I'll achieve this and come up with something by the end of P100P.

I'm an impulse shopper and we will be moving to an area where there aren't many interesting shops, so that will make it a lot easier for me to avoid temptation. I've also been getting pretty ruthless with my culling. I'm using products a few times and if I don't like them out they go. There is no use holding on to products that I don't love.
Another strategy I'm thinking of using is to only buy online. For me this would work really well because it would cut out all impulse shopping and mean that I wouldn't buy anything unnecessary. It'd also make it very easy to stick to a budget. I am considering giving myself a $25 per week budget which would be very easy to track via online shopping only.

I'm a bit disappointed with my progress this week, I was hoping that I'd be halfway through by now but I'm not. I've been very lazy with my skin and body care routine this month, which is why I don't have many empties. I'm also concentrating on using up my samples, which is another contributing factor.  

33 - La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
34 - Bathox Milk and Chocolate Bath Foam and Shower Gel
35 - Rexona Women Clear Aqua Deodorant
36 - Neutrogena Healthy Defence Daily Moisturiser
37 - Wotnot Naturally Nurturing Facial Wipes
38 - Wotnot Naturally Nurturing Facial Wipes
39 - Wotnot Naturally Nurturing Facial Wipes
(yes, you are reading right, I finished three packets of face wipes. I found two nearly empty packets that I used for travelling, so finished them off. Bonus.)
40 - The Face Shop Pore Minimizer
41 - Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment
42 - Dior Lip Glow
43 - YSL lip product. I don't know what this was because the label has worn off and I can't find it online. Basically it was like a clear, slippy lip balm. Totally not worth the $$ I paid for it.
44 - YSL Touche Brilliance Lip Gloss
45 - Becca Turkish Rose Blush. I haven't actually finished this but the packaging is broken and it keeps on coming apart in my make-up bag so I'm calling it.
46 - Ten Samples

These are some bonus photos of what a teething child can do to a lipstick case. Chai was munching away on this after I'd finished it and I was really surprised that he managed to dent it so much considering he was using his gums and the metal case is really hard. It's hard enough that I couldn't squeeze it back into shape!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!