Monday 12 November 2012

Jane Iredale Magic Mitt

I have something a bit different to talk about today, Jane Iredale's Magic Mitt. It's a very clever face washer that removes all make-up with just water. I've tried a few cloths like this, but Jane Iredale's version is my favourite as it's very gentle on my skin and doesn't require me to rub my face really hard to get my make-up off.
The Magic Mitt just looks like a regular face washer but once I used it I realised it was much more than that. It easily removed all my make-up and I didn't need to pull or tug at my eyes to get the mascara off. Over the last few months I've really been suffering with sensitive skin due to hayfever so this is what I've been using. I don't have to worry about a cleanser irritating my skin as the only thing I'm putting on it is water. Magic!

At $32 it's not cheap, but when I consider how much I spend on cleanser in a year, it actually is cheap. I'd spend at least $100 a year on cleanser, probably double that, which makes the Magic Mitt a bargain.

How to use: Saturate Magic Mitt with warm water and place over the hand. Use as you would a washcloth. Turn the mitt when one side is heavy with makeup and use the clean side to wipe away any residue. Lasts as long as a washcloth.

How to clean: Wash Magic Mitt in warm water with hand soap until all makeup residue is gone. Rinse thoroughly and hang up to dry. Do not store in anything that does not allow it to dry completely. Because these unique micro fibers slough off all organic residue and dry completely, they ensure that nothing is left on the mitt to culture bacteria or fungi.

How it works: Magic Mitt is made from a new generation of specially knitted micro fibers many times thinner than a human hair. When wet, they create a hydro-mechanical process that breaks the surface tension of the oils that bond makeup to the skin. This emulsion is then easily swept away by the mitt. Gently exfoliates while it works.  
If you suffer from sensitive skin or just want to save some money on cleanser, I highly recommend trying the Magic Mitt.

Jane Iredale products are sold online at Adore Beauty, Active Skin, Skin Matrix and Ry or at salons Australia wide.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!