Wednesday 30 November 2011

What's in my make-up bag?

I love looking at posts where people show what's in the make-up bag that they carry around with them. Karen did a great one recently.

Reading these posts got me thinking about the make-up that I carry around with me. I only carry around a lip balm, lipstick and a small face powder. I rarely use the powder and only touch up my lips during the day. I love the idea of being someone who touches up their powder, blush, eyeliner etc during the day, but I just don't, I can't be bothered.


What I wonder is do other people actually touch up their whole face during the day? I have a friend who will reapply her blush and face powder during the day. She touches up her face powder so often that she goes through a face powder every three or four months. It takes me about a year to use up a face powder!

I carry a make-up bag in the car for those days when I'm rushing out the door and need to apply my make-up in the car (with hubby driving of course!)

Once I've put my make-up on that's it. I don't check it or reapply it during the day.


I've never seen someone reapplying their whole make-up during the day, but surely people must? Or do they just carry everything around with them just in case?

2 comments :

  1. I'll normally touch up my powder and lipstick throughout the day. I always carry a makeup bag around though in case I have a breakdown and have to overnight in some random place, I honestly would rather be without a toothbrush than without my makeup if I ever broke down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been one to bring my makeup out as I just have no time, no space in my bag full of baby stuff! On the rare occasions that I did though, I only brought my blush to touch up on that glow to my face thats about it. Mandy x
    makemeupmandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks so much for your comment!